So still loving the new service, but as I said in my last post, I’m now interested in exploring and sharing some of the new facilities that high speed connectivity can offer. I’ll start with a couple of housekeeping points
- From my selfish perspective, I’m referring and qualifying all these “what you can do” articles on the Hyperoptic product that I am lucky enough to have.
- Many of the outcomes will be repeatable on other products (Infinity / Virgin cable etc) however results may vary.
- The biggest differences are likely to come from the asymmetric nature of many of the competing services – you’ll need to check how the differences of your particular service affects the outcome.
- You’re going to want 40+ meg on the downstream and a minimum of 10 meg on the upstream to even bother with most of these services.
- 1meg upstreams need not apply!
So – first things first, what about using all this super cool goodness to build a kickass media server. I’ll be going over the basics of that in the next article!